Thursday, November 1, 2012

the hunt.

I have made some really, really good friends here. Actually, most of them were the hub's friends that I decided to adopt and cling to. I'm the kind of person that needs best friends to share life with. I don't manage very well being alone. Anyhow, the weekends here in Norway have been amazing. Like some of the best times that have turned into the best memories that make for the best feelings. And when I look back at the  last six months, all i can really remember are those great times and in this instance, im grateful for my selective memory.

Looking for jobs is HARD. And looking for jobs in Norway, forgetaboutit. I could go on and complain, but I'll save it for when the hub gets off work. hah. I try to stay positive about this whole thing, and I cant wait until I have a COOL job and I look back on this post and laugh. That day will come, right? It has been especially hard going from the really rewarding, encouraging job I had in the States, to starting over at square one. But, what would life be if everything went according to plan? It would be perfect predictable.And from experience, I have had the best experiences letting go and being open to what life has to offer. Thanks to my unpredictable-ness, I chose to go to school in Ohio where I made some of the greatest friends, ever. I decided to take a year off college and travel, and I met my man that year too :) So universe, I know there is some life lesson happening while I struggle in this job search, and that's cool. I'm ready.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm the kind of person that needs best friends to share life with. I don't manage very well being alone"
    I love this and completely agree. This was a great post. Can't wait to see the amazing things in store for you in this adventure

    ReplyDelete