Monday, November 5, 2012

A toast, to new beginnings

Sundays are my favorite because we usually spend the whole day with Jan's family, eating and talking and eating even more. My father in law is succch a good cook and he always prepares a feast, which the whole family devours. Besides the great food, I love spending time with his family. They fill the part of me that misses home. There's something familiar and routine about family that reminds me of the simple things. 

In particular, yesterday was a celebration for some big changes in the family. My sister in law just had her second baby, who I'm head over heels in love with. And the parents just bought a new flat, which means they will be selling their house come spring! Lots of exciting happenings. To celebrate, I made chocolate covered strawberries and we brought some champagne to toast with. We sat and talked until it was dark out and the candles burned low. 

I'm so grateful to feel apart of this family.

1 comment:

  1. theyre selling their house?? why?? it looks so pretty where they live! i miss you so much xox

    ReplyDelete