Wednesday, November 7, 2012

And so it goes

Yesterday, it snowed huge snowflakes (think the size of those gold wrapped chocolate coins that you get for Hanukkah)!!! It was so magical and pretty and it made me want to gift wrap. My personal feeling, which I'm assuming you want because you are reading this, is that if its cold enough for gloves, it should automatically snow. Every time. It made me realize I need to start thinking Christmas decorations... Good thing I have all the time in the world. Seriously though, looking for jobs equals so depressing.

Going to the grocery store is pretty entertaining. This is how my conversation with the cashier goes:

Pregnant cashier lady: in Norwegian, Would you like a bag?
Me: no thanks, I have my backpack
Cashier: in Norwegian, Would you like your reciept?
Me: no thanks
Cash: in Norwegian, Have a good day
Me: thanks, you too

People, I am having conversations in Norwegian. Big stuff. I should be getting a letter any day now with my social security number. That will be a good day because then I can sign up for free language classes and get a bank card, along with several other acts of freedom. I will probably also buy myself a nice cuppa coffee too, because you know, freedom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment