Monday, October 29, 2012

My little secret.

I don't write here, well..ever. That's no secret. I had the best intentions when I created this blog back in may. It was going to be this beautiful collection of my every move (literally) to a new life; it would document all my scary, lovely, surprising moments complete with pictures to tell. Well that didn't happen and I have a very good reason why.

Moving to Norway was scary and lovely and so very surprising.

I had no idea the feelings I would experience over these past six months. Oh my god, it's been six months. I had no idea that I would feel so homesick until month four. That I would feel an overwhelming culture shock that I never experienced in any of the other foreign lands I've stumbled upon. That the very fact that I moved here made everything ten times scarier. But I'm proud to announce I am well adjusted. Things have fallen into a pace you may call routine, and that's exactly what I've been craving.

See, I'm a person of habit. I eat the same bowl of porridge every morning like its my job. I always, always make the bed right after I get out. I never leave a pile of dirty dishes for longer than ten minutes --I just realized I sound OCD--. So this whole 'I don't know what I like because everything in Norway is different' thing really took me for a spin (that's how the expression goes, right?) But really, things have fallen into place and although I appear the same as when I arrived, still looking for work still don't know Norwegian, TRUST ME, a lot has happened.

So what's my little secret, you beg me to tell you. Well that's just it, I'm not telling anyone that I've decided to blog again. For now, I promise to write here. To document the funny and far from funny moments I encounter. To use you, my little diary, as a diary. And I'm not telling anyone about this blog. Because then I might get scared and oh the pressure of updating....


1 comment:

  1. I commented on this yesterday! Why didn't it show up?? I checked this randomly and I'm so glad I did!!! You really do eat porridge for breakfast every morning. And what's your secret???

    ReplyDelete